apprehension: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ap"ri-hen'shun), [key]
- anticipation of adversity or misfortune; suspicion or fear of future trouble or evil.
- the faculty or act of apprehending, esp. intuitive understanding; perception on a direct and immediate level.
- acceptance of or receptivity to information without passing judgment on its validity, often without complete comprehension.
- a view, opinion, or idea on any subject.
- the act of arresting; seizure.
- apprehension (Thesaurus)