appreciation: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (u-prē"shē-ā'shun), [key]
- gratitude; thankful recognition: They showed their appreciation by giving him a gold watch.
- the act of estimating the qualities of things and giving them their proper value.
- clear perception or recognition, esp. of aesthetic quality: a course in art appreciation.
- an increase or rise in the value of property, goods, etc.
- critical notice; evaluation; opinion, as of a situation, person, etc.
- a critique or written evaluation, esp. when favorable.
- appreciation (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.