anamnesis: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (an"am-nē'sis), [key]
— pl. -ses
- the recollection or remembrance of the past; reminiscence.
- recollection of the Ideas, which the soul had known in a previous existence, esp. by means of reasoning.
- the medical history of a patient.
- a prompt immune response to a previously encountered antigen, characterized by more rapid onset and greater effectiveness of antibody and T cell reaction than during the first encounter, as after a booster shot in a previously immunized person.
- (often cap.) a prayer in a Eucharistic service, recalling the Passion, Resurrection, and Ascension of Christ.
- anamnesis (Thesaurus)