Meaning of amen
Pronunciation: (ā'men', ä'men'), [key]
- it is so; so be it (used after a prayer, creed, or other formal statement to express solemn ratification or agreement).
- verily; truly.
- an utterance of the interjection “amen.”
- a musical setting for such an utterance.
- an expression of concurrence or assent: The committee gave its amen to the proposal.
Pronunciation: (ä'mun), [key]
— n. Egyptian Myth.
- a primeval deity worshiped esp. at Thebes, the personification of air or breath represented as either a ram or a goose (later identified with Amen-Ra).
- amen (Thesaurus)