Meaning of ambulatory
Pronunciation: (am'byu-lu-tôr"ē, -tōr"ē), [key]
— adj., n., pl. -ries.
- of, pertaining to, or capable of walking: an ambulatory exploration of the countryside.
- adapted for walking, as the limbs of many animals.
- moving about or from place to place; not stationary: an ambulatory tribe.
- an ambulatory patient.
- not confined to bed; able or strong enough to walk:an ambulatory patient.
- serving patients who are able to walk:an ambulatory care center.
- not fixed; alterable or revocable: ambulatory will.
- Also called
- an aisle surrounding the end of the choir or chancel of a church.
- the covered walk of a cloister.
- ambulatory (Thesaurus)