altitude: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (al'ti-td", -tyd"), [key]
- the height of anything above a given planetary reference plane, esp. above sea level on earth.
- extent or distance upward; height.
- the angular distance of a heavenly body above the horizon.
- the perpendicular distance from the vertex of a figure to the side opposite the vertex.
- the line through the vertex of a figure perpendicular to the base.
- Usually,a high place or region: mountain altitudes.
- high or important position, rank, etc.
- altitude (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.