Meaning of à la
Pronunciation: (ä' lä, ä' lu Fr. a la), [key]
- according to; in the manner of: a short poem à la Ogden Nash.
- chicken à la provençale.
- prepared in the manner of, to the taste of, or by:chicken à la provençale.
- prepared with the ingredient of. Also,a la.
Pronunciation: (ā'lu), [key]
— pl. a•lae
- a wing.
- a winglike part, process, or expansion, as of a bone, shell, seed, or stem.
- either of the two side petals of a flower in the legume family, as the pea.
- (in an ancient Roman house) a small room, as an alcove, opening into a larger room or courtyard.
Pronunciation: (ä'lä), [key]
- 1888–1964, Iranian statesman and diplomat: premier in 1951 and from 1955 to 1957.
— Biochem. Biochem.
- American Library Association.
- Associate in Liberal Arts.
- Authors League of America.
- Automobile Legal Association.
- ala (Thesaurus)