Meaning of airy
Pronunciation: (âr'ē), [key]
— air•i•er, air•i•est.
- open to a free current of fresh air; breezy: airy rooms.
- consisting of or having the character of air; immaterial: airy phantoms.
- light in appearance; thin: airy garments.
- light in manner; sprightly; lively: airy songs.
- light in movement; graceful; delicate: an airy step.
- light as air; unsubstantial; unreal; imaginary: airy dreams.
- visionary; speculative.
- performed in the air; aerial.
- lofty; high in the air.
- putting on airs; affected; snobbish: an airy debutante posing for society photographers.
- airy (Thesaurus)