Meaning of airway
Pronunciation: (âr'wā"), [key]
- an air route equipped with emergency landing fields, beacon lights, radio beams, etc.
- a passageway by which air passes from the nose or mouth to the air sacs of the lungs.
- a tubelike device used to maintain adequate, unobstructed respiration, as during general anesthesia.
- any passage in a mine used for purposes of ventilation; an air course.
- The news was sent out over the airways immediately.
- the band of frequencies, taken collectively, used by radio broadcasting stations:The news was sent out over the airways immediately.
- airline (def. 1c).
- airway (Thesaurus)