Meaning of aesthetic
Pronunciation: (es-thet'ik or, esp. Brit., ēs-), [key]
- pertaining to a sense of the beautiful or to the science of aesthetics.
- having a sense of the beautiful; characterized by a love of beauty.
- pertaining to, involving, or concerned with pure emotion and sensation as opposed to pure intellectuality.
- a philosophical theory or idea of what is aesthetically valid at a given time and place: the clean lines, bare surfaces, and sense of space that bespeak the machine-age aesthetic.
- the study of the nature of sensation.
- aesthetic (Thesaurus)