adjuvant: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (aj'u-vunt), [key]
- serving to help or assist; auxiliary.
- utilizing drugs, radiation therapy, or other means of supplemental treatment following cancer surgery.
- a person or thing that aids or helps.
- anything that aids in removing or preventing a disease, esp. a substance added to a prescription to aid the effect of the main ingredient.
- a substance admixed with an immunogen in order to elicit a more marked immune response.
- adjuvant (Thesaurus)