Meaning of adhesive
Pronunciation: (ad-hē'siv, -ziv), [key]
- coated with glue, paste, mastic, or other sticky substance: adhesive bandages.
- sticking fast; sticky; clinging.
- of or pertaining to the molecular force that exists in the area of contact between unlike bodies and that acts to unite them.
- a substance that causes something to adhere, as glue or rubber cement.
- a postage stamp with a gummed back, as distinguished from one embossed or printed on an envelope or card.
- adhesive (Thesaurus)