adhere: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ad-hēr'), [key]
— v., -hered, -her•ing.
- to stay attached; stick fast; cleave; cling (usually fol. by to): The mud adhered to his shoes.
- (of two or more dissimilar substances) to be united by a molecular force acting in the area of contact.
- to be devoted in support or allegiance; be attached as a follower or upholder (usually fol. by to): to adhere to a party.
- to hold closely or firmly (usually fol. by to): to adhere to a plan.
- to be consistent.
- to cause to adhere; make stick: Glue will adhere the tiles to the wallboard.
- adhere (Thesaurus)