Meaning of addition
Pronunciation: (u-dish'un), [key]
- the act or process of adding or uniting.
- the process of uniting two or more numbers into one sum, represented by the symbol +.
- the result of adding.
- something added.
- a wing, room, etc., added to a building, or abutting land added to real estate already owned.
- a reaction in which two or more substances combine to form another compound.
- as well as; besides: In addition to directing the play, she designed most of the scenery.
- addition (Thesaurus)