absent: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (adj., prep.ab'suntv.ab&sylpsent', ab'sunt), [key]
- not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- lacking; nonexistent: Revenge is absent from his mind.
- not attentive; preoccupied; absent-minded: an absent look on his face.
- to take or keep (oneself&hasp;) away: to absent oneself from a meeting.
- in the absence of; without: Absent some catastrophe, stock-market prices should soon improve.
- absent (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.