Seasons for the Northern Hemisphere, 2008
- Vernal Equinox: Mar. 20, 05:48 UT*, Sun enters sign of Aries; spring begins.
- Summer Solstice: June 20, 23:59 UT*, Sun enters sign of Cancer; summer begins.
- Autumnal Equinox: Sept. 22, 15:44 UT*, Sun enters sign of Libra; fall begins.
- Winter Solstice: Dec. 21, 12:04 UT*, Sun enters sign of Capricorn; winter begins.
*Universal time (UT), also known as Greenwich mean time (GMT). Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) can be found by subtracting 4 hours from UT. See Astronomy for a conversion table of universal time.
- Did you know?
- For more than a billion Muslims around the world, Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity.