Biology Science Projects
Science projects for all grades.
More Science Projects
Starting a Science Project
- What Makes A Good Science Project?
- Some advice from a science fair judge
- The Parts of a Science Project
- The idea behind a science project is to discover "what happens if." What happens to one thing if you change something else?
- Science Fair Projects: Understanding and Using the Scientific Method
- The scientific method is extremely important to your science fair project, and understanding it is critical to the success of your science fair experiment.
- Questions From Science Judges
- How did you come up with the idea for this project? and more
Biology Science Projects For Beginners
- Which Foods Do Molds Love Best?
- Figure out on what kinds of foods, and under what conditions, molds grow best. Do they prefer light or darkness, wet foods or dry foods, and heat or cold?
- For reference: Mold, Slime Mold, Fungal Infections
- What Foods Attract Ants?
- Ants have a chemical sensory aid that directs them to the foods they love the most. Experiment to determine which foods from your kitchen ants like best.
- For reference: Ants, Fats, Carbohydrates, Protein
- Do Loud Noises Affect Heart Rate?
- Reflexes are sort of an automatic safety response system in your body, and they work to protect you from harmful situations. Try to find out whether loud noises affect the rate at which a person's heart beats.
- For reference: The Nervous System and Reflexes, Pulse, Heart
Biology Science Projects For Intermediate Levels
- How Fast Are You? Testing and Measuring Reflexes
- Look at the reaction time—or reflexes—and how it varies between younger and older people. Do older people have slower reaction times than younger people?
- For reference: The Nervous System and Reflexes
- Determining Your Speediest Shoes
- Which pair of shoes helps you to run the fastest—sneakers, sandals, or dress shoes?
- Does Caffeine Increase Heart Rate?
- Does caffeine affect the rate at which a heart beats?
- For reference: Pulse, Heart, Caffeine, Caffeine Content of Selected Foods
Biology Science Projects For Advanced Levels
- Is the DNA of a Cow Different from a Chicken's?
- Learn how to extract DNA from its nucleus to compare the DNA from the chicken liver with that from the cow liver to see if they're different.
- For reference: DNA (Nucleic Acid), The Chemistry of Biology: Nucleic Acids, Genetic Engineering
- Do Plants Sweat Like People Do?
- It's called transpiration, and it's when plants release water through their leaves.
- For reference: Transpiration
- Did you know?
- For more than a billion Muslims around the world, Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity.