2015 Pulitzer Prize Winners
Awards ranging from journalism to drama to music
- Public Service: The Post and Courier, Charleston, S.C.
- Breaking News Reporting: Staff of The Seattle Times
- Investigative Reporting: Eric Lipton of The New York Times; the staff of The Wall Street Journal.
- Explanatory Reporting: Zachary R. Mider of Bloomberg News
- Local Reporting: Rob Kuznia, Rebecca Kimitch, and Frank Curaci of the Daily Breeze, Torrance, Calif.
- National Reporting: Carol D. Leonnig of The Washington Post
- International Reporting: Staff of The New York Times
- Feature Writing: Diana Marcum of the Los Angeles Times
- Commentary: Lisa Falkenberg of Houston Chronicle
- Criticism: Mary McNamara of the Los Angeles Times
- Editorial Writing: Kathleen Kingsbury of The Boston Globe
- Editorial Cartooning: Adam Zyglis of The Buffalo News
- Breaking News Photography: Staff of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Feature Photography: Daniel Berehulak of The New York Times
Letters, Drama, and Music
- Fiction:All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (Scribner)
- Drama: Between Riverside and Crazy by Stephen Adly Guirgis
- History: Encounters at the Heart of the World by Elizabeth A. Fenn (Hill and Wang)
- Biography or Autobiography: The Pope and Mussolini: The Secret History of Pius XI and the Rise of Fascism in Europe by David I. Kertzer (Random House)
- Poetry: Digest by Gregory Pardlo (Four Way Books)
- General Nonfiction: The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert (Henry Holt)
- Music: "Anthracite Fields" by Julia Wolfe (Red Poppy Music/G. Shirmer, Inc.)
Special Citations and Awards
- No special citations or awards were given for this time period.
- More from Pulitzer Prizes
- Did you know?
- For more than a billion Muslims around the world, Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity.