by Kelly Ann Buchanan
Solve our weekly interactive crossword puzzle!|
Click "Reveal" for the answer to an individual clue
Click "Check" to see if you've made any mistakes
Click "Solution" to reveal all the answers
Get help in the Crossword Puzzle GuideFind more crosswords in the Crossword ArchiveLearn the history of the crossword puzzle
Find a word using our Crossword Search
This week's theme: Famous Ships
1. * Mr. Cinqué (Leader of the #65A on July 2nd, 1839 aboard the Spanish slave ship, Amistad)
7. Pound, punily
9. * Side of a ship that is sheltered from the wind
13. Egyptian deity (bkwds.)
14. * ?tahw eht rof tuokool eht no si pihselttab A
16. * Q. "What was the name of that fearsome German battleship of the Second World War?" A. "It was the ___ _ think."
18. * What some passengers undoubtedly did as the Titanic started to sink
19. * Tidal wave, without the "nami" (Something that isn't good for ships!)
20. * Ship that rescued the passengers who made it off the Titanic and onto lifeboats (bkwds.)
22. Fargo's locale on an env.
24. eman (0891) "emaF"
25. Apple beverage
28. * What the Titanic never did in New York City
32. Opposite of #14D
33. * Section of a Ship
35. Subtlety, minus the "ce"
36. * See #68A
38. Make-a-City! _-a-_-r-o-b-_ (Capital of Kenya)
39. * See #44A
40. Culture medium
41. * Walking the Plank means not walking on these on Pirate ships anymore!
43. Mr. Bachman (Musical son of Randy the Musician)
44. * One of the ships in the fleet of this Explorer was the #39A
47. * Explorer who sailed The Matthew
49. * Make-a-Word! _-c-e-b-r-e-_-k-_-_ (Sort of Ship)
50. "!struh tahT"
51. * On the 7th of May, 1915, off the coast of Ireland, a German submarine sank this ocean liner
56. www.infoplease.com, e.g.
59. * ___ Elizabeth 2 (Cunard's flagship)
60. * Famous ocean liner of France
63. City of Idaho
64. Atomic #20
65. * See #1A and #48D
66. * Make-a-Word! V-e-_-_-e-_ (Ship)
67. "Don't ya think?"
68. * Something a Treasure Hunter needs a supply of in order to stay underwater whilst searching for the treasure chest of a #36A
2. * Question to the Stowaway: "Our ship, how on earth did you manage to get ___?"
3. Term, tinily
4. * Carrier made famous in a song by Gordon Lightfoot, with Fitzgerald
5. Sports org.
6. Greek deity
7. One hundred thousand
8. * Sister-Ship of the Titanic
9. "Stormy Weather" (1943) name
10. mlif-___ :mlif erutcip-noitoM
11. eeb retfa retteL
14. Joyful (bkwds.)
15. * Name associated with Wireless Telegraphy (System that was used for communications at sea)
17. Roman Numerals for 101
23. Piece of office furniture
25. * Iron-Ore, for example (What #4D had aboard when it sank into the icy waters of Lake Superior in 1975)
27. He (Initials) portrayed John-Boy on "The Waltons" (TV)
28. The Ram
29. Bryan Adams song, with You
30. * Comment on the Luxury Liner: "I hope we get to ___ the Captain's table tonight."
31. * Something spotted by a ship's Lookout ...but backwards?
32. sworC fo seirC
34. * Shackleton's Ship
37. * Vacationers went on them on the television show "The Love Boat"
39. Stinging insect (bkwds.)
42. ___ & The Sunshine Band (Disco stars)
45. * In 1898, the sinking of this United States battleship helped precipitate the Spanish-American War
46. Have a Hunch
48. * Fletcher Christian was the leader of the #65A on this ship in 1789
51. evitcelloC htiw ,puorg kcoR
52. Stead (bkwds.)
53. * Builder of the Ark
54. * (pu dnuow rewolfyaM eht no smirgliP eht erehw saw dnalgnE weN) trohs rof ,etats dnalgnE weN
55. * Weaponry on a Warship, weenily
57. Make-a-Word! T-_-a-_-_-n-_ (Swapping)
58. * The White Star ___ (The Titanic was part of it)
59. NFL players
61. Pointe-___-Trembles (City in Québec)
62. Hankering ...but jumbled?
Copyright © Kelly Ann Buchanan. Web page created by Crossword Compiler.