by Kelly Ann Buchanan
Solve our weekly interactive crossword puzzle!|
Click "Reveal" for the answer to an individual clue
Click "Check" to see if you've made any mistakes
Click "Solution" to reveal all the answers
Get help in the Crossword Puzzle GuideFind more crosswords in the Crossword ArchiveLearn the history of the crossword puzzle
Find a word using our Crossword Search
This week's theme: White House Scandals
More presidential scandals
1. * She enjoyed Bill's company in the Oval Office
7. Woodwind instrument
11. Sports org.
14. Solution Seeker's Suggestion: "We'll be able to solve this problem if we just ___ imaginations."
15. * He produced a Report that contained info about the affair #1A had with President Clinton
17. * Scandal depicted in the movie "All the President's Men" (1976)
19. City of David
20. Ms. Gilbert
21. Don't Depart, minus the "St"
22. * Name to break the Scandal (via his Internet site) involving #1A
24. Capone and Capp
27. In the past
28. Pro in the ER
29. * Despite drafting the Declaration of Independence that said "...all men are created equal", President Thomas Jefferson was the owner of slaves. And, genetic tests strongly suggest that he fathered at least one child who was the youngest son (named Eston) of his slave mistress ___.
35. Wimbledon champion
36. Mr. Cummings
37. Fixes up an article
38. Make Money
40. * When Andrew Jackson lost out to him to be the sixth President of the United States, Jackson's supporters charged a "corrupt bargain" was involved in his victory, and then spent his term as President campaigning to win Jackson his rightful place in history, as the next President
44. Internet message
46. Thing in question
47. Facial expression
49. * Scandal hit the headlines during the Clinton administration when it was discovered a large-sum campaign contribution would get a White House visitor a chance to sleep in the bed in ___
52. Plural of "I"
55. Volcanic Island, with Jima
56. Small quantity
57. * Scandal that rocked the Harding administration, with "Dome"
61. He (Initials) sang "Cat's in the Cradle"
62. Style of Skirt
63. Lyric poems
64. * The White House was criticized for its handling of this event of 1961, with "Invasion"
68. * The Star Route Scandal which involved the fraudulent dispersal of postal route contracts occurred during this President's administration
70. * It is believed that to keep things quiet about her escapades will Bill, #1A was given the opportunity to have an interview with this corporation
72. Ms. Irving
73. Eye infection, variantly
74. Chocolate Craver's question: "Can't I just have ___ piece?"
1. 12th letter of the Greek alphabet
2. * Controversy remains over whether he assassinated America's 35th President, or not
5. Pool stick
6. Abbreviation on a Flight Schedule monitor
7. Give sanction to
10. Atomic #99
12. Rum cut with water
13. Composer of "Rule, Britannia"
16. Toy Dog, with Shih
18. British jail
20. * Mr. Ervin who was chairman of the Senate Select Committee to Investigate Presidential Campaign Practices that probed the scandal at #17A via televised hearings
23. Eternal City
25. * The decision to stay out of one, or not, sometimes results in a White House Scandal
26. Ms. Korbut
27. Throaty sound
29. Word with Boom
30. Famous poet
31. Set phrase
32. Mr. Nolte
33. Communications Co.
34. Sound from a Snake
35. Certain Cereal
39. "Friend" in France
42. Like a tortoise
45. Company emblem
48. Smokey Robinson hit: "___ Baby Baby"
50. Question at the Track: "Was a ____ on the horses, today?"
51. Puerto completer
52. * He suffered a massive stroke during his Presidency which left critics wondering if he was still in control at the White House, or if his wife took over the decision making
53. The Greek alphabet's seventh letter
56. Military instrument
57. Ancient garment
58. Cheese on a Party Platter
59. Bird of prey's nest (var. sp.)
60. Water Pressure measurement (Acronym)
61. Jekyll's other side
62. Bee habitation
65. Locale of #23D, without the "It"
66. Angelico the Florentine Artist
67. Fido, for one
71. State that borders Ontario, for short
Copyright © Kelly Ann Buchanan. Web page created by Crossword Compiler.