by Kelly Ann Buchanan
Solve our weekly interactive crossword puzzle!|
Click "Reveal" for the answer to an individual clue
Click "Check" to see if you've made any mistakes
Click "Solution" to reveal all the answers
Get help in the Crossword Puzzle GuideFind more crosswords in the Crossword ArchiveLearn the history of the crossword puzzle
Find a word using our Crossword Search
This week's theme: Olympic sites
1. * ___ Pierre de Coubertin: In 1896, as a result of his campaign to have the ancient Olympics revived, the first Olympics of the modern age were held in ATHENS, Greece (The ancient Olympics had been held at the plain of OLYMPIA in honor of the Greek god Zeus, and occurred periodically from 776 BC until 393 AD when Roman emperor Theodosius I banned all Pagan festivals)
9. Stuff Spewed from a Spewer
12. * "Chariots of Fire" (1981) recounts the true story of Harold Abrahams and ___ Liddell who both competed at the PARIS Games of 1924
13. * The Olympics of 1948 were held in this country
15. Mr. Pacino
16. Average grade
17. Atomic #81
18. Aboriginal person of Japan
19. Winter ailment, commonly
20. * Woodrow Wilson was President when the Games were held here
24. * Wilma Rudolph was victorious at the Olympic Games hosted here (See #74A for a Related Clue!)
25. Take notice! ___ and behold!
26. Alphabet letter
27. * Olympic Games locale in the U.S.A.
34. Spring flower
35. Shock treatment, commonly
36. Hip-Hop artist: ___ Dre
37. School org.
38. * World famous Olympian who was a Perfect 10 (See #56A for a Related Clue!)
40. Clean a fish
43. Canadian prov.
45. Silly Sounds: ___-la-la
46. * Athlete who became a legend in BERLIN, in 1936
48. * Because of laws of the land that forbade it, there was no Boxing competition at the Games held here
53. "I'm not sure."
54. Mr. Kenzaburo
55. Ice-Cream Parlor item
56. * Olympics locale
63. Language of Indo-China
64. Après Shower garment
65. Bismarck is the capital here, for short
68. He (Initials) was married to Priscilla
69. * This country was the locale of the Games of 1952
71. Concerning, commonly
72. Celine's beloved hubby
73. * SYDNEY Olympics: ___ 15th, 2000 to Oct. 1st, 2000
74. * Country that was the locale of the Games of 1960
1. Hotel room item
3. Nice Nothing?
4. Certain water body, for short
5. He (Initials) starred in "The Prince of Tides" (1991)
6. Heard in a Dentist's Office: "Some people have ___ between their front teeth, some people don't. That's life."
7. Superficially Slick
9. Proprietor of a Manor, for short
10. One who appraises things
13. Fragrant resin
14. Makes invalid
17. Coin game
19. Sound System: Hi-___
21. It'll turn "ka" into a Carriage in Russia
22. Curriculum Vitae, briefly
27. Letters seen on a Racecar
28. Egyptian King, for short
29. Grassy plain
30. * The first one of the modern age was awarded at ATHENS
31. Here: French
32. It'll turn "tionery" into Paper Products
38. To this degree
39. Orinoco tributary
41. Nice one?
42. Acronym of a certain athletic magazine
44. Certain European
47. Ewbank the Football Coach
48. * The ___ Games 2000: Event held in SYDNEY, Australia (See #73A for a Related Clue!)
49. * At the Games at #48A, he was called the "Greatest Athlete in the World"
50. * Standout gymnast at the ATLANTA games of 1996
51. Acronym of a type of quiz query that has a selection of possible answers
52. Auditory sensation
57. The 13th letter of the Greek alphabet
60. Bunny hop
61. Sicilian volcano
62. * Standout athlete at the LOS ANGELES Games of 1984
67. "The Partridge Family" (TV) name
69. Santa follower
70. Yellowknife's locale on an env.
71. Particular Pronoun
Copyright © Kelly Ann Buchanan. Web page created by Crossword Compiler.