by Kelly Ann Buchanan
Solve our weekly interactive crossword puzzle!|
Click "Reveal" for the answer to an individual clue
Click "Check" to see if you've made any mistakes
Click "Solution" to reveal all the answers
Get help in the Crossword Puzzle GuideFind more crosswords in the Crossword ArchiveLearn the history of the crossword puzzle
Find a word using our Crossword Search
This week's theme: Motown|
1. * HITSVILLE U.S.A.: History was made in Detroit, Michigan in January, 1960 when the corporation he founded a year earlier, Motown Records, moved into its first headquarters at 2648 West Grand Boulevard --and began to release some of the greatest songs ever written and recorded: ___ Gordy, Jr.
6. Outer garment
10. * Hit song by Motown legends, Gladys Knight & The Pips: "Neither One ___ Us"
12. Dispatch boat
13. * Song by Marvin Gaye: "After the ___"
14. Certain ocean, for short
15. Position, without the "ation"
16. * DID YOU KNOW? When #1A was ___, he was a boxer. Leaving that profession behind, he began to co-write some songs (such as "Lonely Teardrops") for another ex-boxer, Jackie Wilson.
18. Prefix that means "Earth"
19. Unit of money in Albania
20. Mr. Jokinen, the Hockey Player
21. Medical pro
22. Make a Boo-Boo
23. Split Second, minus the "ffy"
25. Sea lettuce
27. * Mr. Kendricks, member of The Temptations (See #1D for a Related Clue)
29. * Like the style of some of the great costumes worn by Motown performers
32. Chicago loop train
33. Take Note! ___ and Behold!
34. Punctuation mark
35. * Hit for Motown group The Commodores
37. TV channel in England
39. Lyric poems
40. * Performance Platform
41. He was a Vice-President
42. Birthplace of Constantine the Great
43. * Sad song set to Upbeat music by Motown legends, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles: "The Tears of a ___"
44. Plans of a Personal Trainer: "I think I will ___ Rockers, those exercise devices, for my clients, and give one to each since none of them like doing situps the old-fashioned way."
45. * He (Initials) and his fellow Beatles covered "Please Mr. Postman" which originally rose to the top of the charts when it was recorded by Motown sensations, The Marvelettes
46. Atomic #28
47. Public Place for Pedestrians
48. Shadowy Spot
51. * Before the success of Motown, one of the songs #1A co-wrote was "All I Could Do Was Cry" which was recorded by this talented singer: ___ James
53. Sound in a Scale
54. Word sound, for short
55. One of the Continents, for short
57. Emperor of Rome
59. Land mass on Water (abbr.)
61. It'll turn "ana" into a Large Lizard
62. * Holland-Dozier-Holland song recorded by Motown legend, Marvin Gaye: "How ___ Is (To Be Loved By You)"
64. Culpa Completer
65. * Supremes' Smash written by the legendary Motown songwriting team of Holland-Dozier-Holland: "Where Did ___ Love Go"
67. * Holland-Dozier-Holland classic recorded by The Supremes: "___ a Symphony"
69. State in the U.S.A.
70. Equivalent words, for short
71. Carried on (abbr.)
1. * Motown classic by The Tempts
2. Revelry cry
3. * Motown artist who had mega-hits with "Give It to Me Baby" and "Super Freak"
4. He (Initials) hosted "Unsolved Mysteries" (TV)
5. Fun toy
6. * Classic hit written by Holland-Dozier-Holland
7. In Progress, minus the "oing"
8. Breezed through
9. * Last Name of Marvin Gaye's singing partner on the great Motown song "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" written by the husband-and-wife songwriting team of Ashford and Simpson
10. Former cast member of "Saturday Night Live" (TV): Cheri ___
11. * Original member of The Supremes (See #65A and #67A for Related Clues)
17. Beauty cream: Oil of ___
24. Systems of beliefs
28. * Something is missing from this song Smokey Robinson wrote for The Temptations: "The Way You ___ the Things You ___"
30. City of Central California
31. "Very funny!"
35. * Smash hit for The Temptations: "Papa Was a Rolling ___"
36. Mr. Corbusier, the Architect
37. * In 1992, this Motown group stayed at the top of the charts with the smash "End of the Road"
38. São Paulo is located here, for short
40. Not fast, briefly
41. One of the Mariana Islands
43. * Performers take them to perfect their technique
44. Prefix to "coastal" or "weekly"
45. * The Motown classic dance song "Shotgun" was recorded by this band in '65: ___ Walker & The All Stars
47. Side by Side, with "Passu"
49. * Motown classic by the great Mary Wells
50. Glaze over
52. "Head" in French
56. Not functioning properly
58. Relating to the Ear
60. Space reserved for Sitting
63. Long time
68. Gung completer
Copyright © Kelly Ann Buchanan. Web page created by Crossword Compiler.