by Kelly Ann Buchanan
Solve our weekly interactive crossword puzzle!|
Click "Reveal" for the answer to an individual clue
Click "Check" to see if you've made any mistakes
Click "Solution" to reveal all the answers
Get help in the Crossword Puzzle GuideFind more crosswords in the Crossword ArchiveLearn the history of the crossword puzzle
Find a word using our Crossword Search
This week's theme: Country Music
1. * The ___ Ole Opry House (Legendary country music locale in Nashville, Tennessee)
6. * Ms. Mandrell, to pals (Talented country star who sings "If Loving You Is Wrong, I Don't Want to Be Right")
10. * Award for country stars (Acronym)
13. * Said amongst Players of a trivia game about Country Music: "Placing ___ front of 'Ridge Boys' will create the name of the group that had a smash hit with the song 'Elvira'."
14. Beige shade
15. Eve's domain
16. * In 1970, original members of ___ were inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame
19. Initials of the star of "The Others" (2001)
20. One Time connecter
21. "def" eht sunim ,deyonnA
22. * Tammy ___ (Honored member of the Country Music Hall of Fame)
25. * Loretta Lynn started out as a coal miner's daughter, then through hard work and lots of talent, she eventually made it to the what?
29. * Mr. Jennings (Legendary singer of "Highwayman" with Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson)
30. * Mr. Wopat (bkwds.)
31. Period of calm
32. * Country songs can be heard on AM and ___ radio
33. * He sings "She's No Lady": Lyle ___
35. Follow orders
36. Put in the freezer
38. Kind of mineral
39. U-571, for one
40. Make over
42. * Country star who sings "It Was Almost Like A Song": Ronnie ___
44. Interjection of surprise
46. Ball of yarn
47. Cathedral City (bkwds.)
48. * Ms. Yearwood (Winner and Nominee of many #10A Awards!)
51. * Famous country group
53. * Ms. Gayle (She sings "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" --and, she is also the little sister of Loretta Lynn!)
54. Certain Crayon, without the "Cray"
55. Casper's word
56. Dialect of Chinese
57. * Country line-dance favorite
64. * The Soggy Bottom ___ [Nominees in the 'Single of the Year' category at the 2001 Awards Show for #10As for "I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow" --a song from the George Clooney movie, "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" (2000)]
65. Bulwer-Lytton heroine
66. * Mr. Neville (With #48A, he sang the duet "I Fall to Pieces" which appeared on 'Rhythm, Country & Blues', an album which received a nomination for a #10A in the 'Album of the Year' category, in 1994)
67. Avoid Responsibility, with Out
68. Ifs. ___. Buts.
69. * emaF fo llaH cisuM yrtnuoC eht fo rebmem deronoH: ___ eneG
2. Cheerleader's shout
3. * Q. "Is 'Lucille' ___ Rogers song?" A. "Yes, it is."
4. * One of the nominees in the 'Vocal Group of the Year' category at the #10A Awards Show of 2001: ___ Creek
5. Genetic letters
6. * Kim Carnes had a hit with this country-rock-new-wave-ish song: "___ Davis Eyes"
7. Q. "Is an ___ symbol in a deck of cards?" A. "Yes."
8. Engine sound
9. * He had a hit with "Margaritaville": Jimmy ___
10. Ending (scrambled up) to this Charlton Heston movie: "El ___" (1961)
11. * Mr. Tillis (Country star who won the #10A for 'Entertainer of the Year' in 1976)
12. * Shania Twain hit: "___ Man of Mine"
15. * Ms. Harris (A member of the country super-group called The Trio --which also included Dolly Parton and Linda Ronstadt)
17. What the Rodent Hunter exclaimed: "That ___ longer stands a chance! I'm going to get him!"
18. Stuff in the Sky
22. Sports org.
23. Edible tuber
24. Lacquered metalware
25. * Chooses on a ballot who (or what) will be the winner of a #10A
26. * He was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame, in 1965: Ernest ___
27. Bullring cheer
28. Tissue layer
30. * Mr. Haggard (This country legend's songs include "The Fugitive" and "Fightin' Side Of Me")
34. "Behold!" in French
37. * #29A and Willie Nelson also collaborated on the hit "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be ___"
40. * Record co. that bought Elvis Presley's contract from Sam Phillips at Sun Records (Elvis is one of the honored members of the Country Music Hall of Fame)
41. Building extension
42. * Brooks & Dunn had a major hit with this song
43. * What the Country Fan said: "I was ___ Clark's concert last night. It was fantastic!"
45. * Mr. David who co-wrote the Willie Nelson-Julio Iglesias smash song "To All The Girls I've Loved Before" with Albert Hammond
49. * In 1994, John Michael Montgomery won the #10A for 'Single of the Year' for this hit
50. * Marty ___ (Singer of "Hillbilly Rock")
52. Priest's vestment
53. Competitors for Pepsis
55. * The Nitty Gritty Dirt what?
57. Alphabet beginning
58. Dove's sound
59. Mesmerizing, minus the "notic"
60. Geological time
61. * Stuff on the set of "Hee Haw" (TV)
62. Pathway, without the "te"
63. Picnic bug (bkwds.)
Copyright © Kelly Ann Buchanan. Web page created by Crossword Compiler.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring