1. * As a young man, Christopher Columbus worked as a Chart Maker in this city
7. * Columbus was a Genoese Navigator who conducted his explorations under the service of this country
11. * In the Spring of 1494, Columbus set sail from #15D to continue explorations. Upon his return in the Fall, he was confronted by native peoples who had been brutalized by the Europeans. A battle soon broke out, and in winning it, Columbus shipped a large number of the native peoples to #7A to sell them as ___.
13. Central points
16. Ceylonese fishing boat
17. Type of Terrier
19. Married title
20. Abbreviation with Hon.
21. * On August 3rd, 1492, Christopher Columbus set sail West across the Atlantic Ocean from Palos (in #7A) in search of a what? (See #3D for a Related Clue)
26. Acronym on Captain Kirk's spacecraft
27. Mr. King
28. Heard in a Video Store: "Hi! Do you have ___ West movie called My Little Chickadee in stock?"
29. Chuck's bride
30. Legend of the Silver Screen
32. City of Honshu, in Japan
33. Just about
35. Not well
37. Name from "Fame" (1980)
38. Winged Wonder
40. Heard on a Pacino Set: "___ ready, yet? We've gotta start filming this flick!"
41. Prefix to "center"
42. Crucifixion letters
43. Famed Filmmaker
44. Helper, for short
46. Father to Jr.
48. "Grannies" in Germany
49. Atomic #41
51. Chi partner
52. Baylis who founded the Old Vic in London
54. Located in the Bahamas, #12D was known as "Guanahaní" by the native peoples in the region. Columbus claimed that, by right of conquest, their island now belonged to #7A and renamed it this, which means "Holy Savior".
57. Tune by The Monkees: "___ a Believer"
59. Guido's note
60. Copy! Copy!
63. Melodic tunes
66. * As a young man, Columbus had different occupations, such as Chart Maker, Sugar Buyer, Weaver and what?
68. * In 1502, during his Fourth Expedition, Columbus struck the ___ of Honduras, in Central America
69. * Because one of Columbus's three ships (the "Pinta") was slightly damaged during the First Expedition of 1492, a quick stop was made here for repairs to its mast: ___ Islands
1. Hallucinogenic from the 60s
2. Heard in French Class: "Is the word for He in French ___ is it Elle?"
3. * Columbus commanded the what during his First Expedition?
4. Road Town is the capital here, for short
5. Kenzaburo the Writer
6. Canadian prov.
7. "Silk" in Strasbourg
8. * In 1484, Columbus petitioned John II (who was the King of this country) to finance a westward crossing of the Atlantic Ocean, but the King rejected the proposal (See #15D for a Related Clue)
9. Bread tune
10. Nice Names?
12. * On October 12th, 1492, Columbus landed here (var. sp.) (See #54A for a Related Clue)
14. Bed for a Baby
15. * In April of 1492, after years of being rebuffed, Columbus finally secured Royal support for exploratory voyages from this Queen of Castile and her husband, King Ferdinand V [In November of 1493, he named a colony after her which became the first settlement of Europeans in the New World] (See #11A for a Related Clue)
17. Word with Bean
18. Negative reply to a Man in Charge
21. Perlman of "Cheers" (TV)
22. It'll make "ly" Greasy
23. Farm animal
25. Maori seagoing canoe
28. Hurried letters
31. * During his First Expedition of the New World, Columbus left some of his men here in order to start a colony
32. * Columbus returned to #7A after the First Expedition and was heartily welcomed by his supportive Sovereigns. He was made an "Admiral of the ___" and a Governor-General of all new lands that he had just discovered and would discover in the future.
34. Mr. Cummings
36. Metallica's drummer
38. * In 1493, during his Second Expedition, Columbus achieved landfall here: Lesser ___
39. Initials of a First Lady
40. Heard in a Recruitment Office: "___ skilled worker who is very reliable."
42. Mr. Hayes
43. Coconut fiber
45. Roads, for short
47. Journey in a Jalopy
50. Island of Indonesia
53. "Take notice!"
55. Law officer who deals with drug offences, for short
56. Electric force unit
58. Open land
66. State in the U.S.A.
67. Mr. Milne