by Kelly Ann Buchanan
Solve our weekly interactive crossword puzzle!|
Click "Reveal" for the answer to an individual clue
Click "Check" to see if you've made any mistakes
Click "Solution" to reveal all the answers
Get help in the Crossword Puzzle GuideFind more crosswords in the Crossword ArchiveLearn the history of the crossword puzzle
Find a word using our Crossword Search
This week's theme: Antarctica
1. * The #41A is located at one end of the Earth's what?
5. * Area of Antarctica: ___ Byrd Land
10. Q. "Where does pancake syrup come from?" A. "Maple Tree ___ _ think."
14. Type size unit
15. * Said the Scientist: "I think I'll be doing scientific studies here in Antarctica for about ___ or so." (See #7D for a Related Clue)
16. Peanut and Sunflower
17. * Analyzed in Antarctica: "If we had ___ rope to the harness of our dog and attached it to the sled, maybe Poochie would have been able to pull some of these supplies for us."
19. * Asked in Antarctica: "How can you say you're as cold ___ when you're wearing that big, warm parka --and all I've got left to wear after plunging through that ice is this sweater my mother hand-knitted for me?"
20. River in Russia
21. * Antarctic what?
23. Basket item in a restaurant
25. "Thanks" by the Thames
26. * The South Atlantic, The South Pacific and The Indian ___ (bkwds.) surround Antarctica
28. * Roald ___: On December 14th, 1911, this Norwegian explorer became the first person to reach the #41A
31. puos fo epyT
32. Suffix to "Art"
33. * Take a breather during an Antarctic expedition
34. * Like the weather in Antarctica, with Really
35. * Antarctica consists of two major regions: East Antarctica and ___ Antarctica
37. Video Game, with -Man
39. Citrus fruit (bkwds.)
41. * It's in Antarctica
45. Smile openings
47. Make-a-Canal! _-u-_-_
48. Boo-Boo reminder
52. Ms. MacGraw
53. Famous Gallery in England (bkwds.)
56. kereD .sM
58. * Wondered during an expedition to the #41A: "___ we there yet?"
59. * It's on the coast of East Antarctica
61. * fissaM ___ :acitcratnA ni noitavele tsehgiH
63. He (Initials) sings "Veronica"
64. Like a library book
65. * Signed in 1959. Enacted in 1961. The Antarctic ___. (International agreement devised to reserve the continent of Antarctica to peaceful use and scientific study)
67. Type of security interest
69. ".9791 __ '__ ykcoR' was I" :tnemmoc s'ffuB mliF
71. * What an Antarctic iceberg can do ...but backwards?
74. ".___ _" .A "?dellac gniraew era uoy dnalrag lufituaeb taht si tahW" .Q
75. Olympic beret company
77. * Antarctica stuff
78. Traditional knowledge (bkwds.)
79. * flehS ecI ___ ehT: acitcratnA ni s'tI
80. * etilletaS htiw ,acitcratnA ni tcejbo edam-naM
2. V + VII = ?
3. * Antarctica is covered by an extremely thick one (Answer is in the plural)
4. Ms. Hawkins' Day
5. Famed cellist
6. Make-a-Word! F-_-i-r-_-t-_-_-e (Cinderella, for example)
7. * Abode in Antarctica
8. * Announced in Antarctica: "___ really cold."
9. * Alp of Antarctica
10. * It's in Antarctica, with McMurdo
11. * Ascertained in Antarctica: "The ___ is really crisp here."
12. * It's in Antarctica: Hollick-Kenyon ___
13. * The active volcano at #9D is located on it: Ross ___
22. Type of rodent
24. * Anxiousness in Antarctica: "I can't wait ___ help comes ...I've got to get off Antarctica ...I must leave this place ...now!"
27. Maiden Name indicator
29. ___. Myself. And I.
30. Monogram (bkwds.) of the playwright of "Pygmalion" (1913)
36. Kitchen measurement, for short
38. In the location of
40. Partner to Misérables
42. * "!em tuohtiw no og ot evah uoy __ ,__ on fo era yeht ,meht no etibtsorf siht fo lla htiw ,teef yM" :noitidepxE na no desserpxE
43. The 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet
44. * There's a hole in its layer above Antarctica
45. * Beardmore ___ (It's in Antarctica)
46. By (bkwds.)
49. * Ones in Antarctica would be made of ice
50. Mr. Onassis, to pals
51. Gun the engine
52. * Spot in Antarctica that shares the name of the sort of Penguins which frequent it: ___ Coast
54. * First Name (bkwds.) of Mr. Shackleton (British explorer who led expeditions to Antarctica)
55. Pen Name of George William Russell
57. * One navigated by #54D was known as the Endurance
60. * ".kniht _ ___ duaM neeuQ" .A "?sa nwonk acitcratnA fo noiger siht s'tahW" .Q
62. * Stuff Stored in a Secret Spot on a Ship (See #57D for a Related Clue)
66. Make-a-Word! B-a-_-_-_-_-n-e (Singing voice)
68. Jeff Lynne's gr.
72. "Law" in Lyon
73. Abbr. that might appear in the subject line of an e-mail sent from one person to another
76. Jr.'s father
Copyright © Kelly Ann Buchanan. Web page created by Crossword Compiler.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring