by Kelly Ann Buchanan
Solve our weekly interactive crossword puzzle!|
Click "Reveal" for the answer to an individual clue
Click "Check" to see if you've made any mistakes
Click "Solution" to reveal all the answers
Get help in the Crossword Puzzle GuideFind more crosswords in the Crossword ArchiveLearn the history of the crossword puzzle
Find a word using our Crossword Search
This week's theme: American Indian Heritage Month
1. * One (var. sp.) would have been made with the hide of #41A
5. * Member of an indigenous people of northeastern Nebraska
14. Twos opposites
15. * Buffy Sainte-___ (Singer-songwriter who wrote "Native North American Child")
16. Hamitic language
17. * They were set to catch beavers (See #43D for a Related Clue)
19. * Northwest Coast Indians were skilled craftsmen who made fine wood carvings, and carved things such as these: Markers for ___
21. Initials of a former First Lady
22. eeB retfa retteL
23. Thanks, in Britain
25. "That hurts!"
26. * Said long ago: "Don't you find ___ that even though we were here first, the European explorers think they can just come in and take over?" (See #12D for a Related Clue)
28. * An ___ captured in battle by the Northwest Coast Indians (which included the Bella Coola, Chinook, Haida and Nootka) would be kept as a slave --and regarded as a very valuable possession, and marker of wealth
32. * Many indigenous cultures of North America believe in a powerful ___ world
33. * Adolescent (See #10D for a Related Clue)
34. Unemotional, without the "Sto"
36. * Some northern tribes would use stone to make these: ___ Blades
40. "lufn" eht sunim ,yhcA
41. * Animal that was crucial to the survival of the Plains Indians
45. Sports org.
46. Place at an angle
48. * Hard-shelled seed that was part of the diet of many aboriginal peoples
49. Playful trick ...all shook up?
51. Ms. Hinton
52. Duo ...on the fritz?
54. * Weapons in Westerns
56. * They were used to travel by water
60. Perspire (bkwds.)
61. Blood Type: O ___ Negative
62. "Big whoop!"
65. Doc's assistant
66. * European Explorer's comment: "This looks like ___ of some kind. Let's follow it to see where it leads."
69. * Dentalia Shells = ___ Shells
71. Ceremonial Staff ...spelled backwards?
75. * Algonquian language
76. Types of fish
78. Sort of Sovereign
1. * Beautifully carved pole
2. Concerning, for short
3. * Ceremonial Calumet
4. AOL, e.g.
5. Mantric word
6. Periodic Publication, punily
7. * Weapon used in battle
8. * Henry Wadsworth Longfellow poem about a legendary hero: "The Song of ___" (1855)
9. "l" eht sunim ,taeM fo epyT
10. * A boy who was a #33A might have gone through an initiation ceremony to enter adulthood that involved ___ or going out all alone into the wilderness for a period of time
11. * Navajo artists are renowned for creating beautiful jewelry of silver. Question: What is the symbol for silver?
12. * Treaties sometimes are passed to resolve injustices concerning these
13. * ___ Dunmore's War (The white man against the Shawnee, Delaware, Wyandot and Cayuga)
18. Certain Caps ...flipped around?
24. Pierre's Pal
27. Singer (Initials) of Black Sabbath
29. Finial on a Fish ...but it's backwards?
30. Metallic Element, minus the "trium"
31. Not fake
32. * Ceremony of the Hopi
35. * Where some of the Mohave people were from, without the "fornia"
36. Legendary rock group
37. Situated at the Stern of a Ship
39. * An oral history was passed down by the ___ of indigenous clans
42. Sort of Sloth
43. * Native Americans partook in the ___ with the Europeans
44. * In search of food, it's how aboriginal peoples roamed the land before the Europeans introduced the horse to the New World
47. * Dome-shaped dwellings
50. Ginger's follower
53. * Piece of timber in a traditional structure
54. Sun God, in Egyptian Mythology
55. And Outs starter
57. Sticky Stuff, without the "Gl"
58. * Tribe leader
59. * Reddish earth used for decoration
60. * It would be used to create various structures and things: ___ Bark
64. * In past times, some people would make ___ from plants such as the sassafras or wintergreen
67. Chest bone
68. Landowner, without the "rd"
70. * On the 10th day of this mo. the war at #13D ended at Point Pleasant, West Virginia
72. Mr. Pacino
74. Road, for short
Copyright © Kelly Ann Buchanan. Web page created by Crossword Compiler.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring