You are correct!
From our dictionary:
(pik"E•yOOn', pik"u-), —adj. Also,pic"a•yun'ish. Informal.
1. of little value or account; small; trifling: a picayune amount.
2. petty, carping, or prejudiced: I didn't want to seem picayune by criticizing. —n.
1. (formerly, in Louisiana, Florida, etc.) a coin equal to half a Spanish real.
2. any small coin, as a five-cent piece.
3. Informal.an insignificant person or thing.
February 25 Word Quiz |
February 27 Word Quiz
(pik"u•yOOn', pik"E-), —n.
a town in SE Mississippi. 10,361.
Fact Monster Word Quiz for Kids