What Does It Mean?
You are correct!
From our dictionary:
Yesterday's Word Quiz
Tomorrow's Word Quiz
1. the scattering of the Jews to countries outside of Palestine after the Babylonian captivity.
2. (often l.c.) the body of Jews living in countries outside Palestine or modern Israel.
3. such countries collectively: the return of the Jews from the Diaspora.
4. (l.c.) any group migration or flight from a country or region; dispersion.
5. (l.c.) any group that has been dispersed outside its traditional homeland.
6. (l.c.) any religious group living as a minority among people of the prevailing religion.
Fact Monster Word Quiz for Kids