What Does It Mean?
You are correct!
From our dictionary:
Yesterday's Word Quiz
Tomorrow's Word Quiz
(fil'u-stēn", -stīn", fi-lis'tin, -tēn),
1. (sometimes cap.) a person who is lacking in or hostile or smugly indifferent to cultural values, intellectual pursuits, aesthetic refinement, etc., or is contentedly commonplace in ideas and tastes.
2. (cap.) a native or inhabitant of ancient Philistia.
1. (sometimes cap.) lacking in or hostile to culture.
2. smugly commonplace or conventional.
3. (cap.) of or belonging to the ancient Philistines.
Fact Monster Word Quiz for Kids