Questions From Science Judges
Source: U.S. Government, Calif. Energy Commission
Judges will ask lots of questions about your project. Dazzle them with your brilliance and be prepared to answer questions like these:
- How did you come up with the idea for this project?
- How long did it take you to build the apparatus?
- How did you build the apparatus? How does it work?
- How much time (or many days) did it take to run the experiments (grow the plants or collect each data point)?
- How many times did you run the experiment with a different set of parameters?
- Did you try something else that didn't work?
- Can you explain to me how your project relates to (some scientific principle)?
- Do you think there is an application in industry for this knowledge (technique)?
- Were there any books that helped you do your analysis?
- When did you start this project? Or how much of the work did you do this year?
- What is the next experiment to do if you want to continue this study?
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.