Milestones in Transportation
On the Rails
- The steam engine is invented in Scotland.
- The steam-powered locomotive is invented in England.
- The railway is invented in England.
- The bullet train is invented in Japan.
- The TGV (Train à Grande Vitesse) is invented in France.
For more inventions, see Inventions & Discoveries.
Fact Monster/Information Please®
Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Milestones in Transportation from Infoplease:
- Timeline Archive - A collection of all timelines on the site—categories include World History, U.S., Countries, Entertainment, Sports, War, Health & Science, and more
- Comics Timeline - The history of the funnies in America
- AIDS Timeline - Timeline: AIDS Epidemic Key events, important people, activism and breakthroughs by David Johnson ...
- Chechnya Timeline - Timeline of Key Events in Chechnya, 1830–2006 by David Johnson and Borgna Brunner 1800s 1900s ...
- Lebanon Timeline - Timeline of Key Events in Lebanon by David Johnson and Beth Rowen 1920 1940s 1960s 1970s 1980s ...