November 2012 Current Events: Disasters & Science News
Here are the key events in Science and Disasters news for the month of November 2012.
Aftermath of the Meningitis Outbreak Continues (Nov. 14): The case count for the meningitis outbreak continues to rise in the United States. Thirty-two people have died. More than 400 have been infected while 14,000 may have been exposed. Michigan is the state with the most cases at 112. Tennessee has the second most with 78. Officials believe it may be months before the disease's incubation period has passed.
More on November 2012 from Infoplease:
- Tammy Baldwin - Biography of Tammy Baldwin, The first openly gay U.S. senator
- Washington - Information on Washington — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- 2012 Current Events - 2012 Current Events by Month, US News, World News, Business News, election 2012, presidential campaign, Afghanistan, disasters, economy, sports news, award winners
- Ke$ha - Biography of Ke$ha, Singer of the party single "TiK ToK"
- General Petraeus Scandal - News of the Nation, 2012 Year in Review - General Petraeus resigns from the CIA after his extramarital affair is uncovered by the FBI|U.S. News Major U.S. news stories, from the President Election to the Chicago Teachers' Strike