September 2010 Current Events: Disasters & Science News
Here are the key events in Science and Disasters news for the month of September 2010.
- H.I.V. Precursor Existed in Monkeys for 32,000 Years (Sept. 16): The virus in monkeys that predated H.I.V. in humans has been affecting monkeys for over 32,000 thousand years, scientific researchers discover. Scientists previously believed that the monkey virus S.I.V (simian immunodeficiency virus) had only been in existence for a few hundred years. Scientists are still uncertain as to how the virus was initially contracted by humans.
- Landslide in Mexico Traps Hundreds (Sept. 28): A landslide in the Oaxaca region of Mexico following a long period of heavy rain buries hundreds of homes. At least 11 people are missing.
Information Please® Database, ©2010 Pearson
Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on September 2010 from Infoplease:
- 2010 Current Events - 2010 Current Events Here are the key news events of the year organized into three categories: World ...
- Mark Zuckerberg - Biography of Mark Zuckerberg, The CEO of Facebook
- James Van Der Beek - Biography of James Van Der Beek, Dawson on the old TV show Dawson's Creek
- Tony Curtis - Biography of Tony Curtis, The star of Some Like it Hot
- Randy Quaid - Biography of Randy Quaid, The National Lampoon's Vacation star who was later arrested again and again