November 2010 Current Events: Disasters & Science News
Here are the key events in Science and Disasters news for the month of November 2010.
CT Scans Help Prevent Lung Cancer, Study Finds (Nov. 4): A government-financed study finds that current smokers and formerly heavy smokers who receive an annual CT scan of their lungs reduce their risk of dying from lung cancer by 20%. The scans also seem to reduce the risk of dying from other illnesses as well, because other conditions can be detected via the scans. About 157,000 people are expected to die from lung cancer this year.
Cambodian Stampede Kills At Least 300 (Nov. 22): At least 300 people are killed and hundreds more injured in a stampede during Cambodia's annual water festival. The stampede reportedly occured after people panicked when a densely crowded bridge began to sway.
Information Please® Database, ©2010 Pearson
Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on November 2010 from Infoplease:
- Eva Longoria - Biography of Eva Longoria, Gabrielle on TV's Desperate Housewives
- 2010 Current Events - 2010 Current Events Here are the key news events of the year organized into three categories: World ...
- Aung San Suu Kyi - Biography of Aung San Suu Kyi, Leader of the democratic movement in Myanmar
- Conan O'Brien - Biography of Conan O'Brien, Host of The Tonight Show, 2009-2010
- Wyclef Jean - Biography of Wyclef Jean, The hip-hop star who tried to run for president of Haiti