December 2010 Current Events: Disasters & Science News
Here are the key events in Science and Disasters news for the month of December 2010.
Congress Passes 9/11 Workers Health Bill (Dec. 22): After years of debate and compromise, Congress passes a $4.3 billion health bill for the rescue workers involved in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks in New York City. The bill will cover $1.8 billion in health-care costs for the 60,000 rescue workers registered for monitoring and treatment; the City of New York with pay 10% of the bill's overall costs. The bill will also reopen the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund for five years, which provides money to compensate for job loss.
More on December 2010 from Infoplease:
- Best-Selling Books, 2010 - See a list of the best-selling books for 2010
- John Edwards - Biography of John Edwards, The Democratic candidate for vice president in 2004
- 2010 Current Events - 2010 Current Events Here are the key news events of the year organized into three categories: World ...
- January 2011 Current Events: Business News - Current events in the business news for the month of January 2011, including recession details, unemployment, and job loss.
- Brett Favre - Biography of Brett Favre, The star 1990s quarterback who keeps un-retiring