December 2010 Current Events: Disasters & Science News
Here are the key events in Science and Disasters news for the month of December 2010.
Congress Passes 9/11 Workers Health Bill (Dec. 22): After years of debate and compromise, Congress passes a $4.3 billion health bill for the rescue workers involved in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks in New York City. The bill will cover $1.8 billion in health-care costs for the 60,000 rescue workers registered for monitoring and treatment; the City of New York with pay 10% of the bill's overall costs. The bill will also reopen the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund for five years, which provides money to compensate for job loss.
Information Please® Database, ©2010 Pearson
Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on December 2010 from Infoplease:
- Best-Selling Books, 2010 - See a list of the best-selling books for 2010
- John Edwards - Biography of John Edwards, The Democratic candidate for vice president in 2004
- 2010 Current Events - 2010 Current Events Here are the key news events of the year organized into three categories: World ...
- January 2011 Current Events: Business News - Current events in the business news for the month of January 2011, including recession details, unemployment, and job loss.
- Brett Favre - Biography of Brett Favre, The star 1990s quarterback who keeps un-retiring