From BBC News
- US bombed Kunduz clinic 'in error'
- A US aircraft attacked a Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) clinic in the Afghan city of Kunduz because of "human error", a US military inquiry says.
- Downed plane pilot denies Turkey warning
- The surviving pilot of a Russian plane shot down by Turkey on the Syrian border says no warning was given, and the plane was inside Syrian airspace.
- Pope urges Kenyans to work for peace
- Pope Francis urges Kenyans to work for peace as he starts his visit to Africa, with crowds lining the streets of the capital to welcome him.
- Germany vows to do more against IS
- Germany will do more to fight Islamic State militants, Chancellor Angela Merkel says in response to a French call to do more in the wake of the Paris attacks.
- Ukraine bans all Russian planes
- Ukraine bans all Russian planes from using its airspace as Russian state-controlled energy giant Gazprom stops delivering gas to its neighbour.
- NFL star had brain trauma disease
- A legend of American football, Frank Gifford, suffered from a concussion-related brain injury when he died, his family reveals.
- Billionaire arrested in Petrobras probe
- One of Brazil's richest businessmen and a senior politician are arrested as part of the corruption probe into the state oil giant Petrobras.
- Islamic State claims Tunisia bus blast
- The so-called Islamic State group says one of its suicide bombers carried out Tuesday's deadly attack on a bus carrying presidential guards in Tunisia.
- Yemen rebels 'blocking aid deliveries'
- The UN's aid chief accuses Yemen's Houthi rebel movement of obstructing the delivery of humanitarian assistance to the country's third city of Taiz.
- Dieudonne sentenced for anti-Semitism
- Controversial French comedian Dieudonne M'bala M'bala is sentenced to two months in jail by a Belgian court for anti-Semitic comments made in Belgium.
- Phuc Dat Bich name battle 'was a hoax'
- An Australian man who made headlines after saying Facebook told him to take down his profile admits he hoaxed the media.
- French ex-minister delivers baby girl
- Former French minister Philippe Douste-Blazy helps to deliver a baby girl on an Air France flight to Paris.
- Nazi-inspired TV adverts removed in NY
- Nazi-inspired advertising for the TV show The Man in the High Castle is removed from the subway in New York after complaints.
- VIDEO: 'Audio warning' released by Turkish military
- The Turkish military has released what it says is an audio recording of the warning given to the Russian plane shot down by Turkey on the Syrian border.
- VIDEO: Canada 'strong role to play' against IS
- The end of its bombing campaign against Islamic State does not mean Canada is scaling back its role, says Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
- VIDEO: Baby found in NY church nativity manger
- A newborn baby has been called ''a miracle child'' after being found in the nativity manger of the Holy Child Jesus Church in Queens, New York.
- VIDEO: What was found in IS Iraq tunnels?
- Hundreds of metres of underground tunnels used by Islamic State militants under the Iraqi city of Sinjar have been discovered by Kurdish forces.
- VIDEO: Obama pardons pair of turkeys
- President Barack Obama pardons turkeys for the seventh year in a row, this time a pair named 'Honest' and 'Abe'.
- VIDEO: Australia bushfire rages near Adelaide
- Australian fire crews are struggling to bring a major bushfire under control near the southern city of Adelaide.
- VIDEO: On board the Pope's plane to Africa
- Prior to his arrival in Kenya for a three-nation African tour, Pope Francis was filmed on board the papal plane greeting reporters.
- VIDEO: On the trail of Einstein's last mystery
- It is 100 years since Albert Einstein predicted them but where are the Universe's gravitational waves?
- VIDEO: What's life like for women in Raqqa?
- Women in Raqqa ?fed to hyenas? for defying Islamic State
- How sport responds to security risks
- How sport responds to security risks
- The Pope's five big issues in Africa
- What are the Pope's five big issues in Africa?
- VIDEO: Homeless photographer captures New York
- Homeless photographers capture their lives
- VIDEO: Cuba's post-Soviet food revolution
- Starting new businesses after the Soviet Union fell
- Big is beautiful for merging universities
- Why so many European universities are joining forces