This Agreement (the "Agreement") is between INFORMATION PLEASE,("Information Please") and You. By using our Logo, You agree to enter into this Agreement which shall be effective as of the date You receive the Logo from Information Please.
Information Please grants to You, during the term of this Agreement and subject to the terms and conditions contained herein, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free right to establish a direct link from Your website to the Information Please website and use a Logo designated by Information Please for the sole purpose of graphically representing and establishing the Link. Information Please shall provide You with a copy of the Logo. Nothing in this agreement grants You ownership or other rights in any intellectual property rights in or to the Logo or any of Information Please's other intellectual property rights, other than those rights expressly granted in this Agreement.
- You shall make the Logo clearly visible on Your website, however, the Logo shall not be more prominently displayed than Your name, Your website name, the name of Your company,product or service.
- You shall not "frame" Information Please's website.
- You shall take reasonable measures to ensure that the Link operates correctly and is an active link to Information Please's website.
- The Logo shall not be used in a manner that might imply a sponsorship or endorsement by Information Please of Your website, products or services or a relationship between an advertiser on or sponsor of Your website and Information Please.
- You shall not at any time (a) publicize, advertise, distribute, transmit, promote or otherwise make available from Your website or (b) insert on Your website a link to any other website that publicizes, advertises, distributes, transmits, promotes or otherwise makes available: Content that is obscene, pornographic,sexually explicit, profane, slanderous or libelous; Content that denigrates a particular group based upon gender, race, creed, religion, sexual preference or disability; Content that advertises cigarettes or alcoholic beverages stronger than 30 proof; or information about gambling or lotteries in violation of any Federal, State, local or foreign law, regulation, order or act of government. If You become aware that such other website includes any of the above prohibited Content, You shall immediately remove such link. This paragraph 5 shall not apply to search results from a search engine on Your website.
- You shall not engage in, aid or abet, any gambling or lottery activity in violation of any Federal, State, local or foreign law, regulation, order or act of government.
USE OF LOGO
- You acknowledge that the Logo is a trademark owned or controlled by Information Please and that all uses by You of the Logo shall inure to Information Please's benefit. You shall maintain Information Please's quality standards with respect to Your use of the Logo, and otherwise use the Logo subject to restrictions or requirements of which Information Please notifies You in writing from time to time.
- You shall not modify the Logo in any way.
- If You learn of any infringement, threatened infringement or passing off of the Logo, or any person or entity claims or alleges that the Logo is likely to cause deception or confusion to the public, You shall notify Information Please.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
INFORMATION PLEASE MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL WITH RESPECT TO THE LOGO, THE LINK AND THE INFORMATION PLEASE WEBSITE.USE OF THE LOGO IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITIES
- EXCEPT FOR YOUR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE LOGO, IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER RELATED OR SIMILAR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION AND THE LIKE FOR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- EXCEPT FOR LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF YOUR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE LOGO, NEITHER PARTY'S LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, SHALL EXCEED US$ 100.
TERM AND TERMINATION
- The term of this Agreement shall begin on the date You receive the Logo from Information Please and shall continue until terminated.
- You may, at any time, discontinue the Link for any reason, and shall notify Information Please of such discontinuation within five (5) days thereafter.
- Information Please may, at any time and without cause, terminate this Agreement and direct You to discontinue the Link. Upon receiving written notice of such a termination, You will promptly discontinue the Link, but in any event such discontinuation shall be completed within five (5) days after the receipt of Information Please's written notice of termination. If this Agreement is terminated due to Your breach, You shall immediately cease use of the Logo and remove the Link.
- You may not assign this Agreement in whole or in part without Information Please's prior written consent. Information Please may assign this Agreement to any person or entity.
- This Agreement and the Form contain the entire understanding between the Parties. This Agreement may only be amended by an instrument in writing signed by both Parties.
Back to the linking page.