Player of the Year
|Eric Crouch, Nebraska||Heisman, Camp|
|Rex Grossman, Florida||AP|
|Ken Dorsey, Miami-FL||Maxwell|
Position Players of the Year
|O'Brien Award (Quarterback)||Eric Crouch, Nebraska|
|Walker Award (Running Back)||Lucas Staley, BYU|
|Biletnikoff Award (Receiver)||Josh Reed, LSU|
|Outland Trophy (Interior Lineman)||Bryant McKinnie, Miami-FL|
|Lombardi Award (Lineman)||Julius Peppers, N. Carolina|
|Butkus Award (Linebacker)||Rocky Calmus, Oklahoma|
|Thorpe Award (Defensive Back)||Roy Williams, Oklahoma|
|Nagurski Award (Defensive Player)||Roy Williams, Oklahoma|
|Groza Award (Kicker)||Seth Marler, Tulane|
|Payton Award (IAA Player of the Year)||Brian Westbrook, Villanova, RB|
|Hill Trophy (Div. II Player of the Year)||Dusty Bonner, Valdosta St., QB|
|Melberger Award (Div. III Player of the Year)||Chuck Moore, Mt. Union, RB|
Coach of the Year
|Ralph Friedgen, Maryland||AFCA, AP, Camp, Dodd, FWAA|
|Larry Coker, Miami-FL||AFCA|
Heisman Trophy Vote
Presented since 1935 by the Downtown Athletic Club of New York City and named after former college coach and DAC athletic director John W. Heisman. Voting done by national media and former Heisman winners. Each ballot allows for three names (points based on 3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd).
Top 10 Vote-Getters
|Eric Crouch, Nebraska||QB||162||98||88||770|
|Rex Grossman, Florida||QB||137||105||87||708|
|Ken Dorsey, Miami-FL||QB||109||122||67||638|
|Joey Harrington, Oregon||QB||54||68||66||364|
|David Carr, Frenso St.||QB||34||60||58||280|
|Antwaan Randle El, Indiana||QB||46||39||51||267|
|Roy Williams, Oklahoma||S||13||36||35||146|
|Bryant McKinnie, Miami-FL||OT||26||12||14||116|
|Dwight Freeney, Syracuse||DE||2||6||24||42|
|Julius Peppers, N. Carolina||DE||2||10||15||41|
More on Annual Awards from Infoplease:
- Annual Awards - Annual Awards Players of the Year Wooden Award Voting Defensive Player of the Year Coaches of the ...
- Annual Awards - Annual Awards Players of the Year Coaches of the Year Consensus All-America Team Information ...
- Annual Awards - Annual Awards Player of the Year Tommy Maddox, Los Angeles, QB Offensive Player of the Year John ...
- Annual Awards - Annual Awards Most Valuable Player Cy Young Award Rookie of the Year Manager of the Year ...
- Annual Awards - Annual Awards Men Women Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All ...