Slam Dunk Contest
Six players are invited to compete in the slam dunk contest that was held annually from 1984-97 before being replaced by the 2Ball competition. The slam dunk contest made its return in 2000. The players are selected based on “the creativity and artistry they have displayed in dunking” over the course of the season. In the first round, everyone attempts three dunks, one of which must involve a teammate. The dunks are judged by five judges on a scale from six to ten. The top three advance to the final round and attempt two dunks. The combined score of the two dunks determines the winner. First prize: $25,000.
|Vince Carter, Tor||100|
|Tracy McGrady, Tor||99|
|Steve Francis, Hou||95|
|Ricky Davis, Cha||88|
|Jerry Stackhouse, Det||83|
|Larry Hughes, Phi||67|
More on Slam Dunk Contest from Infoplease:
- Slam Dunk Contest - Slam Dunk Contest Four players competed at the 2002 NBA Slam Dunk contest. In the past six players ...
- Slam Dunk Contest - Slam Dunk Contest Six players are invited to compete in the slam dunk contest that was held ...
- NBA Slam Dunk Contest - NBA Slam Dunk Contest Six players are invited to compete in the annual slam dunk contest held ...
- 2001-2002 Season - 2001-2002 Season Final NBA Standings 2002 NBA All-Star Game NBA 3-point Shootout Slam Dunk Contest ...
- 2000-2001 Season - 2000-2001 Season 2001 Season Recap Final NBA Standings 2001 NBA All-Star Game NBA 3-point Shootout ...