1999 Liberatadores Cup
Contested by the league champions of South America's football union. Two-leg Semifinals and two-leg Final; home teams listed first. Winner Palmeiras of Brazil plays European Cup champion Manchester United of England in the 1999 World Club Championship
in Tokyo in December.
Final Four: Cerro Porteño (Paraguay), Deportivo Cali (Colombia), Palmeiras (Brazil) and River Plate (Argentina).
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on South America from Infoplease:
- South America - South America Argentina Juan Facundo Quiroga, Argentine caudillo (1790–1835) Juan ...
- South America - Map of South America & articles on flags, geography, history, statistics, disasters current events, and international relations.
- South America: meaning and definitions - South America: Definition and Pronunciation
- South America - South America One of two teams will qualify. Tournament runner-up will advance to a two-leg playoff ...
- South America - South America South America, fourth largest continent (1991 est. pop. 299,150,000), c.6,880,000 sq ...