|Jan. 24||Indy 200 at WDW||Orlando||Tony Stewart (1)||2:06:07||95.140||T. Stewart ||—*|
|Mar. 22||Dura-Lube 200||Phoenix||Scott Sharp (8)||2:02:18||98.110||J. Ward||172.753†|
|May 24||Indianapolis 500||Indianapolis||Eddie Cheever Jr. (17)||3:26:40||145.155||B. Boat||223.503|
|June 6||True Value 500||Fort Worth||Billy Boat (2)||2:08:45||145.388||T. Stewart||224.448†|
|June 28||New England 200||Loudon||Tony Stewart (6)||1:51:30||113.861||B. Boat||162.146†|
|July 19||Pep Boys 400K||Dover||Scott Sharp (4)||2:29:49||99.318||T. Stewart||185.204†|
|July 25||Visionaire 500||Concord||Kenny Brack (3)||1:58:10||158.408||T. Stewart||220.498†|
|Aug. 16||Radisson 200||Fountain||Kenny Brack (5)||1:29:52||133.515||B. Boat ||178.571†|
|Aug. 29||Atlanta 500 Classic||Atlanta||Kenny Brack (6)||2:17:15||140.026||B. Boat||224.145†|
|Sept. 20||Lone Star 500||Fort Worth||John Paul Jr. (14)||2:21:53||131.931||B. Boat||225.979†|
|Oct. 11||Las Vegas 500K||Las Vegas||Arie Luyendyk (14)||2:18:19||135.338||B. Boat||214.567†|
†Track record for the new formula IRL cars.
Winning cars: DALLARA/OLDS AURORA (8)— Brack 3, Sharp 2, Boat 1, Cheever Jr. 1, Stewart 1; G-FORCE/OLDS AURORA (3)— Luyendyk 1, Paul Jr. 1, Stewart 1.
Note: In 1997 IRL drivers started using new cars; chassis by Dallara of Italy and G-Force of England and engines by Oldsmobile and Nissan.
*Qualifying day was cancelled due to rain. The first 20 positions were determined by 1996-97 entrant points, while final eight positions were done by practice speeds.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on 1998 Season from Infoplease:
- 1998 Season - 1998 Season One for the Ages Final Major League Standings Wild Card Playoff Game American League ...
- 1998 Season - 1998 Season Date Grand Prix Location Winner (Pos.) Time Avg.mph Pole Qual.mph Mar. 8 Australian ...
- 1998 Season - 1998 Season One Man Shows NASCAR Results CART Results Indy Racing League Results Formula One ...
- 1998 Season - 1998 Season Date Event Event Winner Time MPH 2nd Place Time MPH Feb. 1 Winternationals Top Fuel ...
- Top 5 Finishing Order + Pole - Top 5 Finishing Order + Pole 1998 Season No. Event Winner 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Pole 1 Indy 200 at WDW T. ...