Don MattinglyBorn: Apr. 20, 1961
American League MVP (1985); won AL batting title in 1984 (.343); led majors with 145 RBI in 1985; led AL with 238 hits (Yankee record) and 53 doubles in 1986; won 9 Gold Glove Awards at 1B (1985-89, 91-94); back injury shortened career.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Don Mattingly from Infoplease:
- Derek Jeter - Biography of Derek Jeter, Shortstop (and five-time World Series winner) for the New York Yankees since 1996
- Most Gold Gloves (by position) - Most Gold Gloves (by position) Gold Gloves have been awarded since the 1957 season by Rawlings ...
- American League Batting Champions - American League Batting Champions Year Player, team Avg. 1901 Nap Lajoie, Philadelphia .422 1902 Ed ...
- Most Valuable Players - Most Valuable Players (Baseball Writers' Association selections) American League 1931 Lefty ...
- American League - American League Multiple winners: Ty Cobb (12); Rod Carew (7); Ted Williams (6); Wade Boggs (5); ...