Duke SniderBorn: Sept. 19, 1926
Died: Feb. 27, 2011
hit 40 or more home runs five straight seasons (1953-57); led the league in runs scored 1953-55; played in six World Series with the Dodgers and batted .286 with 11 home runs; nicknamed “Duke of Flatbush”; in 18 seasons hit 407 home runs, scored 1,259 runs and had 1,333 RBI.
More on Duke Snider from Infoplease:
- Cal Abrams - Cal Abrams Age: 72 probably best remembered for being thrown out at home plate as a Brooklyn Dodger ...
- Richie Ashburn - Richie Ashburn Age: 70 member of the Baseball Hall of Fame, elected in 1995; center fielder for the ...
- Johnny Podres - Biography of Johnny Podres, A pitcher for the Dodgers who led the team to their first World Series championship title in October 1955. On a team with baseball greats in…
- People Who Died in 2011 - Selected biographies of well-known Actors
- Los Angeles, Calif. - Information on Los Angeles, Calif. — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.