World Player of the Year
Presented by FIFA, the European Sports Magazine Association (ESM) and Adidas, the sports equipment manufacturer, since 1991. Winners are selected by national team coaches from around the world.
Multiple winners: Ronaldo and Zinedine Zidane (3).
|Year || ||Nat'l Team|
|1991 ||Lothar Matthäus, Inter Milan ||Germany|
|1992 ||Marco Van Basten, AC Milan ||Netherlands|
|1993 ||Roberto Baggio, Juventus ||Italy|
|1994 ||Romario, Barcelona ||Brazil|
|1995||George Weah, AC Milan||Liberia|
|1997||Ronaldo, Inter Milan||Brazil|
|1998||Zinedine Zidane, Juventus||France|
|2000||Zinedine Zidane, Juventus||France|
|2001||Luis Figo, Real Madrid||Portugal|
|2002 ||Ronaldo, Real Madrid||Brazil |
|2003|| Zinedine Zidane, Real Madrid||France|
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on World Player of the Year from Infoplease:
- Women's World Player of the Year - Women's World Player of the Year Presented by FIFA since 2001. Winners are selected by national ...
- Ronaldinho - Ronaldinho Ronaldinho (Ronaldo Assis de Moreira), 1980–, Brazilian soccer player. Also ...
- Ronaldo - Ronaldo Ronaldo (Ronaldo Luiz Nazario de Lima), 1976–, Brazilian soccer player. A son of Rio ...
- Luis Figo - Biography of Luis Figo, 2001 FIFA World Player of the Year
- Ronaldinho - Biography of Ronaldinho, Curly-haired Brazilian midfielder for FC Barcelona