Emil ZatopekBorn: Sept. 19, 1922
Czech distance runner
winner of 1948 Olympic gold medal at 10,000 meters; 4 years later, won unprecedented Olympic triple crown (5,000 meters, 10,000 meters and marathon) at 1952 Games in Helsinki.Died: Nov. 22, 2000
More on Emil Zatopek from Infoplease:
- Zátopek: meaning and definitions - Zátopek: Definition and Pronunciation
- 10,000-Meter Run - 10,000-Meter Run 1912 Hannes Kolehmainen, Finland 31:20.80 1920 Paavo Nurmi, Finland 31:45.80 1924 ...
- Olympics Timeline: 1950s to the 1980s - A history of the Olympic Games: From ancient Greece to the present day
- 10,000 meters - 10,000 meters Find the Olympic gold-medal times for the men's 10,000m race from 1912 to the ...
- Men - Men Event Time 100m Lindy Remigino, USA 10.4 Herbert McKenley, JAM 10.4 Emmanuel McDonald-Bailey, ...