Helen StephensBorn: Feb. 3, 1918
Track & Field
set 3 world records in 100-yard dash and 4 more in 100 meters in 1935-36; won gold medals in 100 meters and 4x100-meter relay in 1936 Olympics; retired in 1937. Died: Jan. 17, 1994
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Helen Stephens from Infoplease:
- Stella Walsh - Biography of Stella Walsh, The female Olympic sprinter who turned out to be a man
- Hoaxes - Sports - he False, False World of Sports by Gerry Brown and Shmuel Ross The Curious Case of Sidd Finch With ...
- Women - Women Event Time 100m Helen Stephens, USA 11.5w Stanislawa Walasiewicz, POL 11.7 Käthe Kraub, ...
- The National Women's Hall of Fame - The National Women's Hall of Fame The National Women's Hall of Fame is the only national ...
- Leading Medal Winners - Leading Medal Winners Number of individual medals won on the left; gold, silver and bronze ...