Ingemar StenmarkBorn: Mar. 18, 1956
Swedish alpine skier
3-time World Cup overall champ (1976-78); posted 86 World Cup wins in 16 years; won 2 gold medals at 1980 Olympics.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Ingemar Stenmark from Infoplease:
- Ingemar Stenmark - Stenmark, Ingemar Stenmark, Ingemar, 1956–, Swedish skier. The “Silent Swede” ...
- Winter Olympics Memorable Moments: Alberto Tomba - Biography of skiing legend Alberto Tomba
- Hermann Maier - Maier, Hermann Maier, Hermann , 1972–, Austrian skier. Sent home from a ski academy in his ...
- Winter Olympics Biographies, A-Z - Biographies of notable winter athletes
- Alpine Skiing - Alpine Skiing Men Event Time Downhill Leonhard Stock, AUT 1:45.50 Slalom Ingemar Stenmark, SWE ...