George SislerBorn: Mar. 24, 1893
hit over .400 twice (1920,22) and batted over .300 in 13 of his 15 seasons; his 257 hits in 1920 is still a major league record; played most of his career with the St. Louis Browns; inducted into Baseball Hall of Fame in 1939.Died: Mar. 26, 1973
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on George Sisler from Infoplease:
- Sisler: meaning and definitions - Sisler: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ichiro Suzuki - Ichiro Suzuki Born: Oct. 22, 1973 Baseball OF became the 2nd player (Fred Lynn) to win AL Rookie of ...
- American League - American League Multiple winners: Rickey Henderson (12); Luis Aparicio (9); Bert Campaneris, George ...
- League Award - League Award National League Year Pos HR RBI Avg 1922 No selection 1923 No selection 1924 Dazzy ...
- Consecutive Game Streaks - Consecutive Game Streaks Regular season games through 2004. Games Played Gm Dates of Streak 2632 ...