Damon RunyonBorn: Oct. 4, 1884
Kansas native who gained fame as New York journalist, sports columnist and short-story writer
best known for 1932 story collection, “Guys and Dolls.”Died: Dec. 10, 1946
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Damon Runyon from Infoplease:
- Damon Runyon - Runyon, Damon Runyon, Damon (Alfred Damon Runyon), 1884–1946, American short story writer and ...
- Runyon: meaning and definitions - Runyon: Definition and Pronunciation
- Manhattan, city, United States - Manhattan Manhattan, city (1990 pop. 37,712), seat of Riley co., NE Kans., at the confluence of the ...
- Ballad of a Soldier (Ballada o soldate) - Starring Vladimir Ivashov, Zhanna Prokhorenko, Antonina Maksimova, Nikolai Kryuchkov, Yevgeni Urbansky
- October 4 Birthdays: Rutherford B. Hayes - October 4 birthdays: Rutherford B. Hayes, Rachael Leigh Cook, Susan Sarandon, Charlton Heston, Buster Keaton, Anne Rice, Alicia Silverstone, Damon Runyon, Frederic Remington, Jean Francois Millet