Paul RobesonBorn: Apr. 9, 1898
Black 4-sport star and 2-time football All-America (1917-18) at Rutgers
3-year NFL pro; also scholar, lawyer, singer, actor and political activist; long-tainted by Communist sympathies, he was finally inducted into College Football Hall of Fame in 1995.Died: Jan. 23, 1976
More on Paul Robeson from Infoplease:
- Robeson: meaning and definitions - Robeson: Definition and Pronunciation
- Paul Robeson - Robeson, Paul Robeson, Paul , 1898–1976, American actor and bass singer, b. Princeton, N.J. ...
- April 9 Birthdays: Paul Robeson - April 9 birthdays: Paul Robeson, Eadweard Muybridge, Jean-Paul Belmondo, J. William Fulbright, Eadweard Muybridge, Charles Baudelaire
- 1998 George Foster Peabody Awards - 1998 George Foster Peabody Awards Coverage of Africa: National Public Radio A second Peabody Award ...
- Famous Shakespearean Actors - Famous Shakespearean Actors From John Barrymore to Emma Thompson Sir Lawrence Olivier as Hamlet ...